Tír na nÓg
Tír na nÓg
In Irish mythology Tír na nÓg "Land of the Young") or Tír na hÓige ("Land of Youth") is one of the names for the Celtic Otherworld, or perhaps for a part of it. Tír na nÓg is best known from the tale of Oisín and Niamh.
I wanted to create a shampoo bar that incorporated all the benefits of apple cider vinegar into the formulation and this beautiful bar is the end result.
Packed with morrocan rhassoul clay for some serious yet gentle scalp cleansing power.
Do you use apple cider vinegar in hour haircare routine? 🍎
Here are just some of the benefits for your hair:
- Apple cider vinegar balances hair and scalp pH. By lowering the pH of your scalp, ACV flattens and closes the hair cuticle. This makes your hair smoother and easier to detangle, shinier, less frizzy, less prone to breakage, and more moisturized. While ACV cannot lower the natural porosity of your hair or repair holes in the cuticle layer caused by heat or chemical damage, it flattens the hair cuticle to mitigate the effects of high porosity hair.
- Apple cider vinegar helps prevent fungal and bacteria growth and keeps the hair and scalp healthy. It is anti-inflammatory and can help with dandruff and hair loss, since the underlying cause is often bacteria.
- Apple cider vinegar also contains nutrients (vitamins B, C, and potassium), which are beneficial for your hair.
- Apple cider vinegar clarifies and exfoliates your scalp, removing dead skin as well as product buildup that blocks the pores on your scalp.
- Apple cider vinegar can also help with volume and curl definition, since it doesn’t weigh down strands like silicone-based conditioners.
- Apple cider vinegar stimulates hair growth by increasing blood circulation to hair follicles.
- Apple cider vinegar is cost-effective and does not contain any preservatives or added chemicals that might damage your hair!
- Handmade and homemade artisanal cold process vegan soap.
3-in-1 body, shave and shampoo bar.
A refreshing and gently scented soap with natural ingredients combined to create a gentle cleanser.
Carefully formulated to include moisturising and cleansing oils that nourish the skin and guarantee a luxurious bathing experience. These soaps help maintain your skin’s natural pH balance and hydration.
- Coconut Oil: creates a hard and longer-lasting bar of soap, with great cleansing power.
- Shea Butter: rich in fatty acids and plant sterols it works as an emollient bringing moisture to your skin.
- Sunflower Oil: adds a silky feel to the soap and can improve skin hydration and preserve the integrity of the skin's natural barrier.
- Mint, rosemary, tea tree and rosemary essential oil providing a fresh and clean scent for a truly unique soap. Rosemary having the added bonus of keeping your locks luscious.
- Cocoa Butter: high in fatty acids which hydrate and nourish the skin and improve elasticity. The fat in cocoa butter forms a protective barrier over the skin to hold in moisture.
- Castor Oil: creates a dense and creamy lather, a natural humectant bringing moisture to your skin.
- Olive Oil: renowned for its moisturising properties this key ingredient leaves your skin supple after use.
○ A sulfate-free, silicone-free, paraben-free, palm-oil free all-natural soap;
○ Handmade in small batches in Donegal Ireland;
○ Woman run company;
○ Lasts 3 times longer than liquid soap, less packaging and environmental impact;
○ Size: 3"H x 2.8"W x 1"D;
○ Weight: 100g;
Directions: Gently massage the bar onto your wet body, scalp, sponge, cloth, shave brush or loofah.
Free Pick-up for Local Customers simply select pick-up at checkout and we will reach out to you to arrange safe pick-up.
❖ PLEASE NOTE: Our soaps are made by hand, please allow for minor colour & shape/size differences in your finished product. They will last a long time if kept dry. Please let the bar air dry between uses & keep it away from direct streams of water. One soap per order.
Check out my Instagram for more information on me and my products: https://www.instagram.com/notionsandlotions/